Saturday, May 5, 2012

i want to become a writer who loves people

http://mangafox.me/manga/ohimesama_no_yurikago/v03/c013/31.html
Don't you just love the headband?
I love coming-of-age shoujo manga from the 90s, like this one, or this one.They're much like young adult and kids lit from the seventies, full of people figuring out what's really, truly important. What is necessary to live honest, full lives.

"I want to become a writer who loves people." (from here)
This is a one-sentence summary of my ambitions. The character has just decided to embrace her life and love, and so is in the full flush of loving, but it's still a statement to internalize. Maybe "I want to become a scientist who loves people" doesn't have the same ring to it, but that should still summarize my aspirations.

How can I use science to express my love for people, for God?
How can I express love in every facet of my life?

These are the questions of my coming of age.

How can I love more fully?
.....

Pax


Song of the week

No comments:

Post a Comment